Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP stream laptop 14-ax0XX 00325-91000-00000-AAOEM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP stream laptop 14-ax0XX windows 10 version 1803 and I'm  trying to update to windows 10 and it kept giving me a message stated that the laptop  needed more disk space  uninstalled all apps that was not needed and  still kept receiving the same message. Than we tried to factory reset the  laptop and got a message that said  need more disk space. after trying all avenues we cannot get into the bios system and  now have a message on the laptop no bootable device found please install bootable device. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tiffany42 

If you'd bothered to have come here BEFORE you started hammering away at this, we could have linked you to a thread that provides instructions for things you could have tried in order to get the update to work, and we would have warned you that trying to reset your Stream would basically trash it!  But no, you charged ahead without asking and now it is a paperweight.

Same thing with the BIOS system -- what leads you to believe that getting into that is going to accomplish anything?  It's not!

Plus your thread header says your PC is already running Win10 but yet your comments say you were trying to update to Win10.  So, what was it you were really trying to do -- update to Win10 v20.04?  If so, that was a MISTAKE -- as there continue to be major issues with that and had you come here and asked, we could have told you that.

And finally, when this error message appears, that most often means the hard drive is failing and we have folks run diagnostics to confirm that -- but your model netbook has no hard drive; instead, it has a 32GB memory stick configured to work like a hard drive.  That generally does not fare well with disk testing and furthermore, it can not be upgraded or removed.

About ALL you can do now,  is try to use HP Cloud Recovery media to restore your laptop to its original state.  If that does not work, you would have to take it to a local laptop repair facility to see if they can do anything for you.

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.