Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

my Computer Does Not Start. 

Performed a hard reset. Didin't work.

When I press the power button: LED lights glow, a fan spinning sound is heard, but the display remains black, and the notebook does not start.

I know that it  "indicates a problem with the basic functionality of a critical component".

I've checked memory module and bootable hard drive. Fine.

When I connect the external monitor, the "image does not display on the computer"...

is there hope for the notebook? Please, help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Nina,

As i see its a HP Probook 6550b you can get in touch with the HP support team  on 18003345144 and check if there is any repair option available you this model.

Regards
Rajan
I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thank you for contacting HP support forum 

Please find below the link for Blank screen issue. this should help you to fix the problem 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01997899

If the issue not fixed then it could be an issue with Memory (RAM) / System Board.

Try with a different Memory module and check if its working or you can try the same Memory with a different computer.

If the same memory works fine with different computer then they are an issue with the system board

Regards
Rajan
I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Hi.
I've tried the solutions for black screen... didn't work.
Changed memory RAM - didn't work. So I think the system board is dead 😢
HP Recommended

Hi Nina,

As i see its a HP Probook 6550b you can get in touch with the HP support team  on 18003345144 and check if there is any repair option available you this model.

Regards
Rajan
I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.