Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au006nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

first of all, the original battery that was in the laptop broke around 3 to 4 months ago. last week I change the battery to a new one. however my laptop is only turning on while is plugged in to the power cord, and what is confusing me is when I remove the power cord the laptop and the new battery works perfectly.

I send it to someone to have some troubleshooting and he told me that the problem is caused by the south-bridge IC. 

I came here to make sure what he told me makes sense.   

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ahmadfadel 

I have no idea why someone would tell you the problem is the South Bridge chip 

A southbridge chipset handled the many of a computer's I/O functions, such as USB, audio, the system BIOS, the ISA bus or the LPC bus, the low speed PCI/PCIe bus, the IOAPIC interrupt controller, the PATA/SATA storage, and the NVMe storage.

None of these are related to the battery because that is Power, not I/O.

Besides, that chip is soldered to the system board and can not be replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.