Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-af137nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I have a HP 15-af137nr and I've been trying to get it to boot into a OS multiple times but it just won't boot. I tried Linux and Windows 10. They both work but after a reboot or two, it throws it right back at the same error screen. I've tried with a Hard drive and a SD card. Hard drive would boot but after a reboot, it goes right back to the error screen. Both OSes work flawlessly till a reboot. I've tried setting BIOS back to default settings, I've tried multiple hard drives and SD cards. The only thing that it will boot successfully to with no issues are USB devices. This all didn't happen until a month after my sister spilled apple juice and left it on for multiple nights, the hard drive that was orignally in there, died out. I put my own in there and it booted fine for about a week or two. That's when I started to recieve constant errors stating that my Boot device wasn't found even though my desktop could find it immediately. Would be glad if someone were to help ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Got a bit delayed. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

UMA graphics memory, touch screen models: ● AMD A8-7410 processor 813970-601

HP does not have it. This vendor might:

https://www.impactcomputers.com/813970-601.html?page=2786&limit=50&manufacturer_id=925

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

The only logical conclusion is that the spill damaged the motherboard. It can often be delayed as the liquid attracts dust that finally makes an electrical short. Sorry. Post back if you want more help.

HP Recommended
Where would I be able to get a new motherboard? I don't have warrenty on my laptop any longer.
HP Recommended

Where do you live (country)?

HP Recommended

United States

HP Recommended

In an airplane now about to land but I will get back to you with your information later this evening. This will not be inexpensive. 

HP Recommended

Got a bit delayed. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

UMA graphics memory, touch screen models: ● AMD A8-7410 processor 813970-601

HP does not have it. This vendor might:

https://www.impactcomputers.com/813970-601.html?page=2786&limit=50&manufacturer_id=925

HP Recommended
Are there models of the same motherboard that have a different APU? Thanks for the links btw.
HP Recommended

You have the top processor (APU) but there is an alternate board that also has a discrete (switchable) graphics chip:

Discrete graphics memory; Non-touch screen models: ● AMD A8-7410 processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics memory 813971-001, -501, -601

Look at the Manual....the last 3 digits specify which Windows version Key Code is embedded in the BIOS. 

HP does not have this board either and I could not find it at the "usual suspect" sites online either. 

HP Recommended
Alright thanks!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.