Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
zBook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

One of my end users has an HP 3005pr Port Replicator for his HP ZBook 17 G3. If he attempts to boot (not restart, wake from sleep, not wake from hibernate, etc.) the laptop with the port replicator plugged in, he gets a Missing Operating System error. The OS is Windows 10 Anniversary update, but I should point out that a missing operating system error kinda means its not a driver/os issue. We have updated his BIOS to 1.12, but the issue still occurs. If we unplug the port replicator, the laptop boots fine.  And if you plug the port replicator in after the laptop boots, the port replicator works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After quite a bit of searching, I found out that this port replicator has integrated flash memory containing the drivers. Setting the laptop to boot to HDD first fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After quite a bit of searching, I found out that this port replicator has integrated flash memory containing the drivers. Setting the laptop to boot to HDD first fixed the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.