Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 8094 Serial Number [Personal information Removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently disposed of my HP 7610 all in one printer.  I then "uninstalled" all related apps and deleted the related folder.

Now I get the message:

"There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet 7610 series\bi\HPStatusBL.dll"

every time I start my laptop.

How do I get rid of it?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if there is a startup item that is generating that error you can disable.

Right click in the Windows icon on the lower left corner of the taskbar.

Select Run.

In the box type   msconfig and press the enter key.

Click on the Startup tab.

Click on Open Task Manager

See if there is anything related to the HP printer you uninstalled listed there and select Disable.

Save and exit.

The next time you restart the notebook, you should no longer receive that message.

HP Recommended

Nothing found in the Task Manager related to HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.