candaceh0625
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

sleep

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360

I have an HP Envy x360 and it has the Windows 10 upgrade. Just the other day, I noticed that my screen will go to sleep mode after a minute of not working on it. The sleep mode settings and power mode are all set to NEVER. Not sure why it keeps going to sleep or how to keep it from doing that. It is really annoying!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,867
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Here are a couple of options to check.

1.  Right click the battery icon in the Taskbar and select Power Options.  Click on Change plan settings next to your selected power plan and in the following window, click on Change advanced power settings.  In the Advanced settings window, expand Display and then expand 'Turn off display after' - make sure the settings look correct for both 'Plugged in' and On battery'.  Click Apply and Ok to save any changes.

2.  From the Start Menu, select Settings, then Personalisation and then Lock Screen.  Near the bottom of this window, select Screen saver settings.  Make sure that the dropdown menu under the Screen saver heading is set to None ( if it already is, select another option and the select None again ).  Click Apply and Ok to save any changes.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Tags (1)
HD02
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have repeatedly changed the power settings and even tried the recomended step of updating the screen saver settings and my screen continues to go into a sleep mode after ~2 minutes.

It's a new laptop and this has been extremely frustrating. 

Occassionally it will not go into sleep mode, but I just sat here and timed it 8 consecutive times going into sleep mode.

Any suggestions?

rocpapershotgum
Level 1
11 2 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

'sleep after' = manually adding 0 to the field is the key.  0 = no spin down.  

Hello, here's what worked for me, so the computer does not go into sleep mode. Settings>> Power and Sleep>> (under) additional settings>> change plan settings >> change advanced power settings>> sleep>> sleep after>> never(both battery and plugged in). I manually put in a 0 in the field(s) and it goes to never with a 0 choice.  0 = no spin down.   Without manually adding 0, it gives either never or a timed amount. It does not offer a 0 as choice in the drop down but there is a field you can add the 0 in both battery and plugged in.

Before, the laptop was shutting down completely and I would have to use the power button to start it each time. Now, it does it's maintenance overnight and I have a sign-in screen the next morning without having to power it up each time. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation