Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion g6-2103tu
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop is hp pavilion g6-2103u windows 7 home basic .Is my machine compatible with uefi and my machine motherboard   product no. 183F and version is 56.32. I couldn't find from my laptop manual whether  it supports uefi or not

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has a UEFI BIOS, when you press the F9 boot options menu, there should be two lists of boot devices...EFI and Legacy.

Something like this...

Paul_Tikkanen_2-1627665564221.png

HP Recommended

when i open boot manager my  notebook have only two boot option menu boot from efi file and notebook hard drive

HP Recommended

my notebook has both uefi boot order and legacy boot order

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook supports UEFI then.

You should be able to boot from a EFI file.

For example:  If you make a bootable USB flash drive with Rufus, you have the option to make the USB flash drive UEFI bootable.

HP Recommended

CFA12A5A-6714-440D-81AA-F354DD305001.jpeg

HP Recommended

B0B11B4A-C9F3-4CBA-A4A9-174F16F48118.jpeg

HP Recommended

So if you disable Legacy Mode, you should be able to boot from one of the EFI devices listed in your screenshot.

You should be able to do it with Legacy mode enabled, but you indicated you only had a Boot from EFI file listed there.

On my HP notebooks, when I press the F9 key, I get options to boot from the EFI DVD drive and the EFI USB diskette on key.

Then I have the same legacy boot options as you do.

HP Recommended

Few days back i tried to convert my disk from mbr to gpt by aomei partition assistant pro , it was converted successfully to gpt but failed to start up showing error message "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3fo) F2 syst" when i enable secured boot .Then i disable secure boot and enable back legacy boot but my machine failed to start here also with error" No bootable device insert boot disk and press any key"  Before conversation my machine was booting from legacy mode.I had to stall new os.I found out that my machine has legacy boot mode as default. Need your help

HP Recommended

when legacy is disable and enable secured boot.Boot manager it is empty no thing is shown in  boot option menu.Only when i enable legacy mode it shows boot from efi and notebook hard drive on boot manager 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.