Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I already own a HP zBOOK G2 and wish to purchase second hand later zBOOK series model.

On travelling to a store to inspect a "nice" zBOOK G5 15v - it turned out that I could not access the BIOS settings (needed Administrator Password, which the computer store could not supply for my test). With  my G2 laptop, I switch between Legacy, Hybrid and UEFI mode - to suit my needs. I could not determine if this option is available with the 15v model (because of the administrator password). The internet suggestion on how to change the administrator password could not be applied (the computer, I gather, was probably changed somehow in this respect).

So my question is for the G4, G5 and G6 - what are the BIOS options available, in particular regarding BOOT start order options and most importantly if Legacy, Hybrid and UEFI can be selected. For instance I need to be able to BOOT from a USB stick (in all three modes).

For me to inspect a G4 and G6 second hand laptop - I would have to travel hundreds of kilometers as no store in my area sell new or used zBOOKs (except the G5 as mentioned above).

I find it disappointing that this kind of information is not mentioned on any data sheet/manual by HP themselves - and also on printed form with the computer itself.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @Richard__  🙂

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.