Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
zbook studio G5 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

since the purchase I have problem with the sleep mode.

• Sometimes the zbook doesn't wake from sleep. It does something, fans are audible, keyboard is lit, but screen remains black and numlock btn is not working.  I tried to wait about 5 minutes but I had to restart it.
    The only lead I have is that it could be the length of the sleep that makes the difference. When I put the zbook into the sleep and awake it immediately, it works, but when I try to wake after 10 hours, it doesn't usually wake up.
  • The lid closing and opening  action doesn't work. I tried to assign the sleep mode or hibernate mode to the action,  no success..  The lid closing action worked before updating bios and drivers. the lid opening did not.

I have the latest bios and drivers installed with HP Support  Assistant except for the optional  wlan and ethernet drivers.
Model number is 2ZC63EAR#AK8.

I have the zbook connected to HP 230W Thunderbolt Dock G2, but disconnecting the ntb makes no difference

thanks in advance for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Fixed by the latest BIOS HP Q71 Ver. 01.07.00, 15.04.2019

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I reset Windows10  to factory settings and reinstalled all drivers with HP Support Assistant .The waking from sleep mode problem hasn't occurred since. The lid opening works, the lid closing does not.

HP Recommended

Fixed by the latest BIOS HP Q71 Ver. 01.07.00, 15.04.2019

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.