Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15z-en100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, how do I enable RAID on the 2021 15" Omen AMD 5800 Nvidia 3070 laptop? I can't find any settings related to RAID in the BIOS. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HP has not posted a Service Manual for this series of laptops. Why do you think it has RAID capability? What 2 disks are you trying to RAID?

Does any of this do anything for you? Are any of these settings present for you?

STEP 1: Set up UEFI A. During system boot, press <F2> or <Del> key to enter UEFI setup utility. B. Go to Advanced Storage Configuration. C. Set the “SATA Mode” option to <RAID>. D. Click <F10> to save to exit.

HP Recommended

Hi, good afternoon. Thank you for your response. I assume there should be a RAID option since the configuration that HP was supposed to ship to me was 2x256GB RAID. However, they sent me my build with a 1x1TB. I would like to RAID two 1TB NVMe disks.

I tried going into the UEFI BIOS, but could find no reference to "SATA Mode".

Thank you.

HP Recommended

NVME is not SATA. In an Intel system I would say you can try the Rapid Storage app from Windows but not sure if an AMD platform can even create a RAID array from two NVME M.2s. 

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you again for your reply. In my most previous system, an ASUS TUF 15 Gaming with AMD 4800 and NVIDIA 2060, I could configure the 2x1TB in RAID.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.