Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook – 15-ba003ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

I've got a problem with my HP Notebook. The 2 USB-Ports on the left side don't work, while the one on the right side works. I've deinstalled the USB related devices in the Device Manager und rebooted. The diagnostic test came up with the following:
Failure ID: MAPQ08-8GT9SV-XD7X6K-8D6V03

The Product ID ist W6Z06EA#ABD

Do you have an idea how to solve this problem?

thanks in advance

Markus

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, your failure ID indicate an hardware failure with your USB controller, or maybe in your motherboard if your USB controller is welded. 

It is a little risky but if you want you can try to update your BIOS here: Download

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your tip Fanordi. Does anyone have another idea on how to solve this problem?

I've never done a BIOS update and only want to do it as last option.

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hi @Markus93 , 

@Mans maybe you can to have an other idea?? 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

@Markus93  here is your Service Manual:

Manual 

See p. 23 for an exploded diagram of parts. See how the left USB ports are directly soldered onto the motherboard and the right usb port is on a daughterboard? The fact that any usb port works at all means the motherboard controller is OK. However, the ports on the left are bad. This usually comes from physical damage shorting out the power and data leads of the port. Theoretically the ports can be resoldered onto the board but its a big job. HP would replace the motherboard if the unit were in warranty or deny warranty service as this is likely a user issue. 

Post back to further discuss your options but they are not wonderful. If this is the info you needed please accept as solution. 

HP Recommended

@Markus93 

Hello,

Sorry @Fanordi, I wasn't connected and present when you asked me if I had any other opinions.

As indicated in @Huffer, only one of the USB ports on the left side can be replaced and includes the motherboard connection cable. This can be found with the HP reference "855010-001".

The replacement procedure can be found in the manual proposed by @Huffer on page 54.

We look forward to your return, in order to explain in more detail the procedure to follow.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Not quite. The ports on the left are soldered to the motherboard and the one on the right in on a usb board with a cable to the motherboard. In this case, no point in replacing as that one works. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Markus93 , if you don't want to take risks to damage your motherboard, you can use an USB hub on your last USB port. 

If you want to move your HUB: AUKEY USB Hub 3.0 Portable Aluminum 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub for Data Transfer with 3.3ft USB Cable for Ma...

If you don't want to move your HUB, it can be more powerful: https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Upgraded-Aluminum-Adapter-MacBook/dp/B00MHHQPZI/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=AUK...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.