Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Group

Is there a possibility to dissable charging of battery while charger is connected  ??

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yes.

It can be done that while the operating system is booted up, but not when the notebook is turned off.

@ChronisPanos 

Update:

OK. I just tried it.

While booted into Windows, invoke the device manager. 

expend the Batteries device. 

Right-click the ACPI Microsoft Compliant Control method battery. click on disable device.

The battery will stop charging with the power adapter connected.

To enable the charging while logged into Windows, just return to the Device manager and enable the ACPI Microsoft Compliant Control method battery device.

Why would you want to do that?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your feedback,

Will try and let you know.

I would like to do that because when it will be fully charged i don't want charger to keep stressing battery. My laptop

has intergrated battery so it is not possible to remove . With this method i will turn off charging

HP Recommended

Dear friend ,

I did the procedure , will you disable battery is not shown on the task bar but charger keeps charging on that particular 

laptop which i have.

Led on the side while charging is orange while doing the procedure remains the same .

Thanks

HP Recommended

It is not suposed to say disable battery.

You could also right click the Microsoft AC adapter device and disable it. It is your choice.

That is because Microsoft knew that disabling the ACPI charging would be an oddity.

It says disable device. I explained which device to disable. It does work.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.