Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Issue - Plugged in the Computer will run exclusively off of battery rather than the pwr cabl

HP Elitebook 8560W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased  a new batter for an HP EliteBook 8560W and had been operating the laptop like a desktop with no battery.  Installed battery today and plugged in laptop and turned on.  The battery was at 50% when I initially installed.  While doing some work for about an hour I noticed that the battery was being depleted even though the power cable was plugged in.  It should be noted that the laptop operates fine with no battery.  I can't seem to be able to determine what in the laptop is making the decision between using the power cable or the battery.  Seems like this decision is hardwired to operate off of the battery when it is installed irrespective of the cable status.  Guidance would be appreciated.  Cy

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation