Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook laptop 17-by1053dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello folks!  I recently bought this laptop and thought everything was great (for the price)….except the battery.  At fully charged, and on doing normal things (online, private stuff, etc.)...the battery will last at best 4 hours straight till I need to recharge.  This was manufactured early this year, and obviously the battery life deserves better.  Some specs from the Battery Check...

1. with the AC adapter plugged-in, it returned an OK status...meaning functioning properly.
  2. Some of the stats: Battery age 159 days & warrantytype: 3.

...again 4 hours till I have to recharge is ridiculous.  DO I need to replace?  Yes?  I think I do, lol.  Please let me know, and which battery will do justice here.  Thank you.  And yes...I have warranty.  Thanks again.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You have the three cell battery. You have a 17 inch screen and an i5 CPU. 4 hours of battery run time is not ridiculous; its par for the course. In other words, you can try but my guess is warranty is not going to cover and even if they sent you a new battery it would be another 3-cell and would likely perform within 10% of the one you have (either way). 

A 4 cell battery was also offered in that model series:

4 cell 70 Whr 4.55 Ahr LI SR04070XL-PL 917724-855

So that is a 70 wh battery and yours is 52 wh so the additional runtime you would get is a matter of algebra:

a/52 x 70 = b where b is the new runtime of 5.4 hours instead of 4. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SR04XL-917724-855-70-07Wh-Battery-for-HP-OMEN-15-CE-Pavilion-15-HSTNN-I...

See p. 45 of the Service Manual here:

Manual 

Before you buy, open the laptop and make sure a 4-cell will fit. Its longer than your battery so make sure there are not components of your laptop which would be in the way.

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.