Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I am  affected by this battery drain when shut down, and have also performed all of the mentioned troubleshooting steps and several others and have not found a solution, can you please send me the "sphinx fix" as well?

Model: 13-w013dx

ProdID: X7V19UA#ABA

S/N: [edited]

@Jeet_singh wrote:

@Vap-Systems,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you're having issues with the battery charging while shutdown. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score.  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 

As I see you have performed all possible troubleshooting and unfortunately nothing has helped to resolve this issue. 

In this scenario, regarding the Sphinx Fix download, I'm sending you a private message with the instructions on how to download the fix. 

The reason why we're utilizing these instructions in private is because these are specific to your notebook model.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @dlford, @Jeet_singh, he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

As the battery discharges rapidly even when the computer is completely turned off.

This issue is caused by an incorrect TI Power Delivery controller firmware setting. It causes leakage in 5V S5 power.

However, to solve the issue you need to download and install the Sphinx 1.0 PD FW update.exe file.

As the steps are confidential and dedicated to your product. I will share the steps through a private message.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @dlford, @Jeet_singh, he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

As the battery discharges rapidly even when the computer is completely turned off.

This issue is caused by an incorrect TI Power Delivery controller firmware setting. It causes leakage in 5V S5 power.

However, to solve the issue you need to download and install the Sphinx 1.0 PD FW update.exe file.

As the steps are confidential and dedicated to your product. I will share the steps through a private message.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you please share the steps to me, I am also looking the same fix.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Could you please share the sphinx fix for my hp spectre x360 model 13-w010ca? 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem with battery. Can you please share the steps to me?

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.