Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg000.  I haven't had it very long and I've barely used it.  I don't run any apps or programs or anything of that sort that should have damaged or drained the batteries life.  My apartment isn't too hot nor is it too cold.  It's typically around 65-70 degrees F.

I've noticed since I first got it, that when I turn off the laptop and don't use it for maybe a week, the battery will be completely drained even though it was fully charged and completely turned off (not in sleep).

I'm wondering why my new laptop that I've barely used, is having this issue.  I've owned a lot of laptops in my life and this is the only one that has the battery drained when turned off.

If it's the battery and the laptop is still under warranty, can I get a new battery sent to me?  Or is this what happens with this model of laptop?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Hikingisfun

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand the laptop battery drains to 0% while powered off, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps,
Change what happens when you press the power button

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Search for power, and then click Power Options.

Opening the Power Options in Windows

3. Click Choose what the power buttons do from the list on the left side of the window.

Choose what power buttons do

4. Click the When I press the power button menus to select a setting when using the battery and when plugged in, and then click Save changes.

Changing power button settings

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.