Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14

Hello!

I have pavilion 14 laptop with battery health option switched on long time ago. With this feature enabled battery charges only up to 50%, and now I want to use full battery, but after bios update there is no such option anymore. How could I fix it? Bios reset doesn't affect this.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @TipTopSX 

Welcome to the HP Community Support forum!

I have a few questions for you.

1) what is the complete product name or product number of your notebook? To find that information, press the power button and immediately press the F1 key. That will invoke the system information dialog and it will have what I asked you for.

2) By Battery Health option, are you referring to the Battery Care option that is supposed to increase battery service life by setting the maximum charge?

3) since I don't already know the complete product name or product number of your notebook. How long have you owned and been using it? This is to give an idea of how long the battery has been in service.

4) have you gone into the F2 UEFI PC Hardware Diagnostics to try to rollback the BIOS to the previous version?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, Erico

1) Pavilion 14-al006ur, S/N [Personal Information Removed].

2) Yes

3) About 5 years, most of them in AC mode with limited maximum charge

4) Havent tried it and have no idea where to find older BIOS version

HP Recommended

Hi @TipTopSX 

Which version is the currently installed BIOS?

There are actually three different versions inside the InsydeFlash folder that you can see if the BIOS F.56 Rev.A is downloaded and extracted to a folder.  You could try the previous one that is available there. Put them on a USB flashdrive at the root.  The image below this line is what is inside the BIOS file. The Bin extension files are the different versions.

BIOS versions.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

In BIOS info System Board ID is 8209 and BIOS version is F.56. It seems like its the oldest file available

HP Recommended

The 820D version in the extracted folder of the image in my previous post is an older version than 8209.

That one may be worth trying. Be advised that I have asked about this issue internally to HP subject matter experts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.