Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Battery not detected

HP Recommended
HP Envy 360 15-U050ca
Hi.

I installed a new battery in my laptop. On the first start up after installation it was showing 70% charged, plugged in, not charging. 

I followed different processes found on here to try fix this but it has now changed to No Battery Detected and the charging light constantly blinking white.  If I unplug the power cord the laptop turns off straight away.

I have checked that the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery & Microsoft AC Adapter (in Device Manager) are both up to date.   I have uninstalled them & rebooted the computer. I have held the power button down for 20 seconds before turning on the laptop. And I have done a BIOS system recovery by holding down the windows & B key at start up.

Updates - All computer updates have been installed.

Diagnostics - I cannot get the laptop to enter Diagnostics through start up.  But once completely powered up I have tried to run System Tests.  Both Short & Long Drive Self Test & Battery Tests run until 90% complete then stop & say cancelled.  All other system tests passed.

None of these have corrected the issue and my laptop is still saying No Battery Detected. Is there something else I can try?

I have previously replaced a battery on this laptop which functioned perfectly for the past 2 years until it stopped holding a charge.  The laptop was purchased in Canada and both the previous battery & current replacement were purchased in Australia.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation