Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My battery stopped charging, I spoke to the HP tech people and they did a diagnostic test and said it was the battery.  I purchased a new battery, that worked for about 2 weeks and now it isn't working. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@smccrear05 Welcome to HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I recommend you run a hardware test on the battery and if the issue reoccurred on a new battery, this could be an issue with the motherboard/DC port for the charger, please also, try with an alternate power adapter and another wall outlet:

The maximum capacity of a battery changes over time. Because of this change in battery capacity, the charge level indicator in Windows might not show 100% charged. To know the condition of your battery, use the steps in this document to test your battery and calibrate it if necessary. Calibrating the battery resets the battery gauge to accurately display the charge level in Windows. In this document, two methods of testing and calibrating the battery are explained. Also, a manual method for calibrating the battery is presented.

NOTE: 

If you notice your notebook battery is swollen or deformed, go to Swelling or Deformation of Notebook Battery for more information

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.