Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

First off UGH! Now. We got hp laptop if you want specifics I'll give them if needed. I noticed 1st time like 4 months ago and I just didn't think anymore of it it was fine. YESTERDAY I NOTICED IT AGAIN AND I CLEANED (WIPED IT). It's black and oily type of liquid (I KNOW THERES NO LIQUID IN A LAPTOP DIP**bleep** BUT THERE COULD BE IN THE BATTERY OR SOMETHING) anyway sorry for the all the uppercase I read previous very detailed comment and the expert just said 'there's no liquid in a laptop nice try' and that just irritated me. SOOOOOOO what do you suggest we do about this situation??? There's obviously a problem. I should've taken a picture of it (next time I will)! Could someone other than 'huffer' or whatever his name is offer some help. Thanks so much!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the exact model number of the notebook

Find product and serial numbers for HP PCs, printers, and accessories | HP® Customer Support

Where do you find the liquid coming out? (right bottom edge, bottom vents, the side ...) 

Is the notebook on the same surface when it happens?

Is the notebook used in normal surroundings?

Has it ever had something spilled on it or placed on a wet surface ?

Let us know,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.