Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 15-eu0000 (267R8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I just purchased a New Hp Envy x360 15 eu0xxx on Tuesday. It finally arrived on Friday. I set it up as normal but I noticed that the battery was being drained pretty fast for a new laptop like losing 15% of battery in less than an hour. I made sure I wasn't doing anything that would require a lot of power. My product is still under warranty. Is it possible to have my battery replaced?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Hngry-yumyumman .
Perform a battery calibration using either the preferred method or the manual as indicated in the information in the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2268927-1713329-16

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Hi @GOLD_MASTER,

Thanks for your quick reply. I just ran the battery calibration and it says my battery is ok.

Screenshot 2022-02-06 095343.png

HP Recommended

@Hngry-yumyumman .

Open Hp support assistant and enter the product number of your laptop.

If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

@GOLD_MASTER

Ok. What do I do from there?

HP Recommended

.@GOLD_MASTER,

I've ran some tests on the battery using HP support assistant and the battery seems fineBattery info.pngHP Support Assistant.png

Screenshot 2022-02-06 101627.png

HP Recommended

@Hngry-yumyumman .

Update your computer's bios:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp113501-114000/sp113921.exe

Updating the bios improves performance, solves specific problems, adds security patches and may be because the current BIOS is not compatible with a hardware component or a Windows update.
1. Download the file by clicking on the link I provided and save the file in a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
More information on how to update the bios from Windows.
Note: When updating the bios, do not turn off the computer, do not suspend and in the case of laptops do not put the lid down, and keep your computer plugged directly into a power outlet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.