Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bp112dx
Microsoft Windows 11

My current screen with this laptop only supports up to a 1920 x 1080 resolution, but the Intel Core i7-8550U Processor it's installed with can support up to 4K graphics. I want to replace my current screen for that higher resolution but don't know if it's possible based on model compatibility and function stability (i.e. touch capable, cameras for Windows Hello, etc.). If so, would it work with something like this or is my laptop too outdated to do that? Screenshot 2023-08-10 105003.png 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Theoretically although it would not be easy or inexpensive. You would need to replace both the screen panel and the video cable. The motherboard will support the 4k screen. 

15.6-in, UHD, WLED, BrightView (3840×2160), UWVA, ultraslim-flat (2.6-mm), eDP1.3+PSR
TouchScreen display panel assembly
924357-001

For use only on computer models equipped with a UHD display assembly 924346-001

Above are the HP Part numbers you need. Post back if you want to do a deeper dive into locating these parts and then getting instructions on how to do the replacement.  

HP Recommended

Yes! I want to know where exactly I can obtain these parts for the replacement. My goal is to do the repair on my own, so if this can be done (theoretically) please let me know. 

HP Recommended

As I said if you get the parts it can be done. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

Replacing the cable makes it a bit more of a task then just replacing the screen. You will have to strip it down to expose the motherboard. See p. 53 of the Manual.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323537767564?epid=25023462328&hash=item4b545a8c8c:g:BTcAAOSwrAFb4l8M&amdata...

https://parts.hp.com/hppartsIGSO/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=A32C46339BBE4A6AB50F59ADDA8DE50F&Search...

Get the screen from eBay and you are in luck that HP still has the cable in stock. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.