Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, i just wanted to know if i can replace my old ssd with new ssd that is the samsung 980 ssd on my  HP Laptop 14s-cf0xxx? And also can i upgrade my ram sticks with 16GB 3200mhz on my HP Laptop 14s-cf0xxx

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If your notebook has an Intel Core processor, you can install a NVMe SSD such as the Samsung 980 PCIe 3.0.

The 980 Pro would work but the slot is only Gen 3.0 so the 980 Pro would run the same as the 980.

Memory:  The service manual indicates the max memory is 2 x 8 GB.

c06146792.pdf (hp.com)

You can install DDR4-3200 memory, but it is only going to run at either 2400 MHz or 2133 MHz depending on if your notebook has an Intel 7th gen or 8th gen core processor.

You can run this command to see if your notebook can support 2 x 16 GB of memory:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. Once the command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and press the enter key.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.