Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Docking station g4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an studio G5 Workstation. When I connect it to my docking station G4 my keyboard and mouse work, but my monitor keeps saying no signal. Sometimes the monitor turns on to say that there is no signal, which is weird because it normally doest do it, Its a 3440 x 1440 @75H monitor, I know it should support this resolution with a lower frame rate. 

I tried another monitor with just full HD resolution, but still no signal from my docking station.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Your laptop has a Thunderbolt port and you should have the Intel Thunderbolt software installed on the laptop. With external monitors  connected via the Thunderbolt port it is sometimes necessary to "approve" them in the Thunderbolt interface before they work. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick respons. I tried, but the thunderbolt software doesn't see any attached devices chains. 

My keyboard and mouse are working properly through my docking station. Only the monitor is the problem. 

HP Recommended

Then you need to go into the BIOS and turn off any Thunderbolt security settings. 

HP Recommended

Security settings are turned off, it still doesn't work. Maybe its because its an ultrawide monitor?

HP Recommended

Possibly but isn't it also failing to work with standard monitors?

HP Recommended

It's also failing to work with standard monitors. I did a factory reset this weekend and the problem still occurred. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.