cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Does my Chromebook support DP Alt Mode on the USB-C port?

HP Recommended
Chromebook x360 14 G1
Chrome OS
As per the tech specs of my Chromebook, it has the following ports :
  • 2x USB 3.1 Type-C (Supports Power Delivery, charge and video support, and data transfer)
  • 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Charging)

Since it’s not explicitly mentioned, I was wondering if USB-C with DP Alt Mode was supported on my Chromebook.

I currently have a USB-C hub that has a DisplayPort 1.4 port where I’m connecting a DisplayPort  to HDMI adapter and then connecting it via an HDMI cable to the monitor. It doesn’t seem to work, though I’m able to get Power Delivery via the hub to both the USB-C ports of the Chromebook. Hence, I was planning to buy a USB-C to HDMI cable.

If it’s not compatible, what are the specs I should look for when getting a USB-C to HDMI cable for my Chromebook x360 14 G1?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation