Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy m6-1178sa
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

After 1 year of use of  mine  Envy m6, the left hinge started to crack out of nowhere and the lid screen did not close properly.  I've tried unsuccessfully to find a fix for this problem without spending a lot of money. 

As I was in a extreme busy life and schedule, I’ve decided to put the Envy m6 apart and to use my another laptop.

Now I want to put this envy m6 to work again,  practically is a new machine still.

Monitor still works properly, but the framing has been compromised.

I’ve always  been very careful with my hardwares. After  some research done,  it seems to me, to be a quite common problem in this serie.

Apart from that is an excellent and beautiful machine.

I’d appreciate very much if you guys point me the right direction to go.

My best regards!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Framaluf, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. As this is a hardware issue, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.