Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15 - dc1092tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had recently purchased an OMEN 15 Laptop from an HP Store in India.

It has been around 4 months since my purchase and I wish to upgrade my RAM from the existing 8GB to 16GB. I already possess another compatible DDR4 8GB 2666MHz RAM Stick and I wish to add that to my OMEN. Can I remove my backlid and add this extra RAM Stick to my laptop? By opening the Laptop Backlid, will the warranty be void? The warranty is till May 2021.

Also, if needed, is it recommended to Enable XMP in the BIOS to get the full potential of both the RAM sticks in Dual Channel? Will it harm my computer and/or parts in the future by any means?

I know that I take full responsibility if incase something messes up, but if everything is alright and if I remove the backlid on my own, I would like to know if the HP Service Centre will void my warranty, if incase something fails in the future.

Also, dust is being accumulated in the Cooling Vents. I want to clean them, and anyway for that I need to open the Backlid of the laptop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since this is a peer to peer forum, we are not authorized to speak on behalf of HP regarding the warranty terms.

What we have generally learned from others on this forum is that you will not void the warranty unless there is a seal on the notebook that indicates the warranty will be void is the seal is broken, or if you break anything in the process of doing any work inside the notebook.

If you have to send the notebook in for repairs, HP will require that you return it to its original configuration, which means if you installed memory or a SSD, you will have to reinstall the original HP memory and drive that came with the notebook.

Hope that helps.  If you want 100% accurate info, you will need to contact HP customer service at the link below.

https://www8.hp.com/in/en/contact-hp/contact.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.