Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 13-ah1006no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have hade this laptop for less then a month and every time I open the laptop up and start moving the mouse the pointer starts glitching. It jumps uncontrollably and klicks on stuff at random. Don’t know what to do, I downloaded and installd a new driver from hp support site, but it didn’t make any difference.

Thanks in advance

Mark 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Dvarsmor

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Check the Mouse options under control panel: 

Start → Control Panel → Mouse → Buttons tab.  

Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only."  

Also, check the box below labeled "Scroll in active window only." 

If the issue persists, attempt the below steps: 

Attempt using an alternate/external mouse.  

(If that works when the touchpad is disabled on Synaptic software, it would mean that it's a touchpad failure, 

However, if the external mouse doesn't work either, it could be a software/driver issue). 

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse: 

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled. 

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’. 

• 2.   Click Device Manager. 

• 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse. 

• 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall". 

• 5.   Restart your computer. 

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So i tried to connect a external mouce and it workd as usual nothing was faulty so i think the problem is in the toutchpad. I uninstalld the driver and reinstall it by restarting the computer but the problem is was still there. Its crazy its a brand new computer I couldn't be having this problem. Do you have any more advice?

HP Recommended

So now there is a new problem. When i click on the toutchpad is sometimes get stuck sometimes like its holding down the mouce button and then releasing it after a short time. I cant get any work done on this computer becouse it happens continuously. I realy need help this is a brand new laptop and i need to get my work done. 

HP Recommended

@Dvarsmor

Thanks for the reply.

This look's like an issue with the touchpad itself.

In this case, I'd request you to contact phone support team for further assistance. 🙂

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Feel free to reach out if need any other assistance.

Thanks,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.