Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, the battery on my machine (HP 15-bs0xx) has finally lost the capability to hold any charge and am looking to buy a replacement, had a quick look on the HP website and couldnt find one for my model, can anyone help find me one that that will work, thanks, im in the UK btw incase of ordering from amazon or ebay etc, 

cheers

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I shouldve added I bought the laptop in the UK so assume its a UK model if that makes a difference to what battery to get

HP Recommended

@GRANTCKING, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To check the battery functionality, perform a diagnostic test

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. Perform Component Test >Battery. 

To purchase the battery, please contact our HP Support team:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I just tried this and I couldnt see an option to test the battery, it only had options to check the hard drive or memory

HP Recommended

Ive also tried finding the battery through the link you provided by putting in the serial and product numbers and it says no results match! this is giving me a headache haha!

HP Recommended

ive managed to find it now, was putting in the product number wrong!

HP Recommended

finally managed to run a hardware diagnostics test and it came back with the following 

battery.JPGcomponents test.JPG

HP Recommended

it says the battery is ok but only has 50% capacity, if I take out the Ac adapter it only lasts about 10mins before going to sleep or or hibernates, note im using it when it does it so its not the power setting of putting it to sleep/hibernate after a certain amount of time with no actiivity, what you think?

HP Recommended

@GRANTCKING

I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue with the battery. To assist you further, 

• I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.