cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 15-r132 wm Notebook Laptop Will Only Charge When Lid is Open.

HP Recommended
HP 15-r132wm Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop battery will only connect to the plugged in charger when the lid is open! If I pull the charger out and put it back in while the lid is open, it will not recognize / or connect to the charger unless I close the lid while the charger is plugged in the laptop and reopen the lid and log back in to my laptop.  Sometimes this takes several attempts before it finally recognizes it and connects. I want to be able to unplug the charger from the laptop and put it back in and have it connect and I want it to charge the laptop both while the lid is open and when the lid is closed. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,424 1,671
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @tropics4

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop is out of warranty. Is there something I can so myself at home to fix it? I am open to any ideas that may repair this issue. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,853 30,802 2,552 3,855
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tropics4 you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

Or, If you have an HP authorized service center near by, you should be able to take it to them and have it checked,

Here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation