Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15BS-100

Hi!, Just few minutes ago i tried to update the bios of my laptop, to lastest version (Rev. 74) the process starts and continue normal, but after finish the update, the laptop reboots and only shows a black screen and the cpu fan working, the laptop was working perfectly before the "update". i was reading before my post some users with the same laptop model got their laptops bricked too trying to update the bios (Rev. 74), i already made a flash drive bios recovery, and tried to start the bios recovery procedure with WIN+B+POWER and nothing happens, no beeps just a black screen and the cpu fan working. i will try and left in that state, i dont know if the recovery is taking place without any screen information. any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Same issue on 15-BS112! Very frustrated! The update successfully got to 100%, and said that it would reboot to a black screen for a bit and to not interrupt it while it finished, and that it'd boot by itself. "Okay," I thought. I waited for 30 minutes on said black screen before I realised the backlight was flashing on and off.

Since then, I've tried powercycling and rebooting using Win+B too, but yeah, nothing. Very disappointed and sad. Looks like they pushed a bad BIOS. No idea how to recover 😞

Edit: This has basically reduced my laptop to a paperweight. I tried making a recovery USB drive with another laptop but it doesn't respond to it.

HP Recommended

Do we have a legal case against HP? Even if the laptops are out of warranty, HP pushing corrupted updates should entitle us to some help.. I can't even get in contact with them over the phone.

HP Recommended

well, i got my paperweight from a perfect functional laptop thanks to HP, i am still looking for a solution. i know is out of warranty but at least  dont know a practical solution from HP support even if have to pay. i am very upset to lose a laptop in that way. from perfect working to death in just minutes, just to want to stay up to date with the bios.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.