Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Bluetooth Mouse x4000b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Bluetooth Mouse x4000b is found and connected /paired in Windows 10, but gets disconnected and does not work/respond. Mouse pointer does not move. In device manager, only a hidden mouse is added/shown in the mouse section of device manager. Replaced batteries, no result. Removed/updated Intel Bluetooth driver to Intel v19.71.0.2, no results.

Productnumber: H3T50AA, SN: [edited]

Notebook: ProBook 450 G3

Bluetooth driver:  Microsoft 10.0.15063.502

Mouse Driver: Microsoft

afbeelding.png

In the Mice and other pointing devices section is a hidden HID-compliant mouse added, with reported event:

afbeelding.png

So within Control Panel the mouse section does only show the notebook touchpad and an other connected wired mouse. So Windows does NOT use/initiate the HP Bluetooth mouse within Windows ....

How to fix?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Same problem with other HP notebook with Windows 7

So it seems to be a problem of the HP Bluetooth Mouse x4000b......

Any tools to check the mouse hardware?

HP Recommended

Hi @nnanne,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the Bluetooth mouse is not working correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2ybJN0k

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So I registered with the forum just so I could tell you how monumentally useless your response is. This question titled "HP Bluetooth mouse..." and the document you linked to has no content relating to bluetooth at all. None of the links from that document relate to a bluetooth mouse either.

Coupled with the infinitely condescending "oh congratulations on being so smart that you can tell your mouse doesn't work", this ranks as the single worst customer service experience of the past year. I have to assume you are being intentionally misleading as nobody could really BE so incompetent, which means your treatment of customers is a direct slap in the face. I hope everybody learns how HP treats people.

Your reply is useless, your company's hardware is useless, and you are wasting everyone's time in refusing to help anyone fix it. I can tell why your forums don't have a "thumbs down" vote, otherwise you'd be forced to hear from the world how much they can't stand you.

HP Recommended

Hi @Unhappy2018,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

This seemed to work for me. It was only released in DEC 2017 though.

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-studio-g3-mobile-workstation/8934839

Intel Bluetooth Driver (Windows 7)

system software Manager Icon

20.20.0.2 Rev.B 69.6 MB

Dec 25, 2017

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.