Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitepad 1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello forum users, the title says it all really if anybody can please help.

When I run the most recent 1.48 update (sp99022) it halts citing requirement to install WMI provider 6.5.13.1 (sp72716).

But I've installed (or at least attempted to install) the WMI DASL sp72716  several times. Command windows flashes up for about a second during the course of the install but by all accounts it does not seem to be taking, based on the repeated failure of the 1.48 and the accompanying message.

I am upgrading from BIOS 1.41, I've done this process (including the WMI DASL install) loads of times with other EPAD1000s, and never came across anything like this. I don't have any weird or unusual bespoke settings in place. 

I need to get the latest BIOS on the device because I believe this is inhibiting upgrade windows 1803 to 21H1 which is failing.

Any advice appreciated. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.