Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-dr1012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Keyboard randomly fails . Problem persists after restart, after hard boot, after uninstalling drivers, after updating BIOS via HP website support for this specific model while logged in to my HP account. Multiple years of this now, problem began within a few months of purchase. NONE of the posted "solved" posts work for any longer than simple reboot which can be minutes or hours. Royally frustrating! I've tried every solution for this posted on HP sites and general tech forum threads that apply. Zero, nada, zilch ever works through the next use.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Laptop keyboards are made to be light, not rugged, so with a laptop that gets daily use, as most do, the keyboard, being a mechanical item, is going to fail a lot sooner than a desktop keyboard with the same use.

I don't know of any "fixes" to a failing keyboard, including BIOS changes, that will actually work  -- other than replacing it outright.

I have use laptops for many years and while I used to get 5 years (on the average) for a keyboard, with the more modern ones -- which seem to be less rugged than the older ones --- I am lucky to get two years.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.