Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

My HP Omen 15 laptop is less than a week old and I have already encountered a problem.

I always use my laptop plugged into the mains, but today the battery light went off during routine use, after being on for an hour. I didn't notice until the battery power was at about 65%. I unplugged the laptop and replugged it in, but the computer failed to recognise the mains power supply. I tried several times to reconnect the power supply, but nothing worked. Eventually I switched the laptop off and waited a few minutes, then tried the plug again, and this time it worked.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with HP laptops? This is the first HP product I have bought, so I don't know if anyone has encountered this kind of problem before.

I am not happy at the prospect of my new laptop having problems already.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@pbisho

I reviewed your post and I understand that the AC adapter is not getting detected sometimes.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The Fossette,

Thank you for helping with this issue.

My computer product number is: 13D29EA#ABU.

I have just had another problem with the battery. The laptop was plugged-in to the adaptor, and was charged at 100% when I turned it on. However, after an hour of moderate usage, I noticed that although the laptop was still plugged in and the adaptor was recognised, the battery life had dropped to 96%.

This is very disappointing from a brand new laptop, and I will not continue to put up with this. Either this issue will be sorted soon, or I will request a full refund of the laptop and the 3-year HP support package I purchased, because the item is faulty and not fit for purpose. I do not want to get into the situation where the laptop needs to be sent for endless rounds of repairs, leaving me without a laptop for weeks at a time.

I have clicked on the link you provided, and I have downloaded the new BIOS update. I do not yet know whether it will make a difference, but I will let you know either way.

Thanks again for your help with this. I know this isn't your fault personally, but I have spent a lot of money on a brand new laptop, bought directly from the HP Store, that seems to be faulty from the start.

Best wishes,
Paul

HP Recommended

@pbisho

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The Fossette,

I am still experienced problems with the battery, and this was the final straw. This morning I turned on the HP Omen 15 and it was at 89% battery power.

As I said previously, I only ever use the computer plugged in to the mains charger, so there is clearly an issue with the battery retaining its charge while switched off.

I consider this to be completely unacceptable for a brand new computer, so I will contact HP Support to demand a full refund.

Thank you for your assistance,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.