Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Just to be clear I do not have a known good battery to send you. I was suggesting buying one from a known good vendor and perhaps even getting a "pre-owned/tested good" one cheap from a highly rated seller on eBay just to test. I seriously doubt the problem is the BIOS or the power rating of the AC adapter. If it were getting stuck at 80% I might think so but you say it is not charging at all. Let me know if you want help finding a tester battery. 

HP Recommended

Yeah I use eBay frequently, and can't presently locate any vendors offering what you are describing.

This 'new battery not charging, everything else honky-dory' issue is going to drive us nuts. =/ Am I the only human being, in the history of these HP 'Omen' series gaming laptops, that has run into this sort of 'repeat lemons' scenario? Wondering if anyone else looking at the thread can chime in here. Has anyone actually successfully bought, installed and then had fully charging, a replacement battery for a HP Omen 17t-w200 CTO model (or, any model like it, with the square-shaped battery that looks like it goes where an optical drive option might otherwise have gone)?

There are no other places in the internal configuration (I'm guessing, because the chipset needs so much heatsinking, cooling and general PCB real estate) for a battery to go...

HP Recommended

Do any of the batteries you bought have an HP Part Number? For the 1070 video the correct part number is 

(22)Battery, 6 cell, 95 WH, 4.15 Ah, LI 853294-855

The 1050 graphics version uses a different, clip-in external battery so no way they can get mixed up. That is why I asked what video card you had. 

HP Recommended

Yes, that part number is what is on the 'replace with HP spare' sticker, that was on both of the batteries that came from ITPAS. And the longer, black sticker, with all the required language, UL and other certifications on it, etc. also appears to be the genuine HP one on both (although I dunno... maybe some outfits are getting really good, at printing and affixing stickers...)

HP Recommended

OK, one last time... just in case you're out there... (because otherwise I have to assume the answer is NO):

Has anyone actually successfully bought, installed and then had fully charging, a replacement battery for a HP Omen 17t-w200 CTO model (or, any model like it, with the square-shaped battery that looks like it goes where an optical drive option might otherwise have gone) gaming laptop ?

I haven't been able to find a single, definitive success story on the web. OR, if it wasn't you, but you do find what seems to be evidence of a success, please add the link to this thread...

HP Recommended

Just wanted to provide the closest thing to a 'resolution' on this as ended up being possible, for any readers either current or later. The best I ever got was that the BIOS has, with the most recent battery, stopped reporting the battery test as FAILED, but instead PASSED (needs calibration). Every time I run the 3-hour long calibration process, that also passes successfully -- but when I re-run the Power Component test, the battery again is reported as 'PASSED but needs calibration.'

The charge on this 3rd, seemingly perfectly legit PF06-style battery has declined from 50% when we first installed it, to 17% now... and it won't increase, either when the unit is left powered off and the charger plugged in, or when Windows 10 is booted up. I bought a second HP original 11.8A charger, and there is no change in behavior. I can only surmise that the charging circuitry on the mainboard itself must've gone bad at some point, and that the BIOS diagnostic tests just aren't capable enough to identify and acknowledge such.

Geez, what a waste of time and money. I urge anyone who either practices electronics repair as a hobby or for a living, to avoid working on HP Omen gaming laptops with charging or battery issues. You could easily sink time and money into something that will not resolve. I've now got four paperweights for (likely at least) perfectly good batteries... well, five pagestoppers, if you count the spare massive 230W charger I now also have...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.