Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-b052sr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade wlan card on my laptop to dual band 5ghz blablabla but I can't figure out does bios has whitelist or not. Could you help me?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model shouldn't have a BIOS whitelist.

Since the specs indicate that it comes with an Intel core processor and chipset, you can upgrade to this model wifi adapter...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

The card can be bought on Amazon or eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model shouldn't have a BIOS whitelist.

Since the specs indicate that it comes with an Intel core processor and chipset, you can upgrade to this model wifi adapter...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

The card can be bought on Amazon or eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

Thank you! You are my hero.  I will name my new bear after you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.