Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-ck080nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey all,

I have had the HP Pavilion Laptop 15-ck080nd for almost 3 years and since a few months the battery has been lacking. Before I could easily spend the entire day on my laptop, but at the moment it doesn't work longer than an hour without charging it (most of the time only even 20 minutes). It usually doesn't even show me that it has low battery, but randomly turns itself off without a warning. When I then plug in the AC adapter and turn it on again it gives me this screen that the battery might need to be replaced. However, when checking the HP Hardware Diagnostics it tells me that the battery should still work perfectly fine. I already bought a new AC adapter in the hope that would solve the problem (but it didn't) and callibrated  the battery according to the instructions in one of the support documents I found. I also called the service support about my problem and they checked my BIOS version (which is up to date) and together we did a hard reset of the battery (if I recall correctly) by pressing the on/off button for 40 seconds while the laptop was turned off. Next to this, I wanted to check whether I could possibly replace the battery or at least see whether the battery would be swollen, because that appears to be a common problem. However, I didn't manage to open the back of my laptop (it was stuck in the middle), so I couldn't check this.

Does anyone has any other tips I can try or ways how to replace the battery? The guarantee on my laptop already expired a while ago..

Cheers,

Kim

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

Pages 31-33 show how to replace the battery. Almost certainly this will resolve the problem and if we could get you to provide us the detailed advanced output of the battery test its possible to be even more certain. 

Post back if you need help finding a replacement battery to buy. HP may or may not carry it at the Store; likely not. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

I actually already checked out the Service Manual a bit and managed to remove all screws and tried to lift the edge of the cover. However, it felt to me like the middle of the bottom cover was stuck and it would break if I would use more force... I tried to lift it from other sides as well (so not only from the rear edge), but that was even worse.

The detailed advanced output of the battery test is as follows:

TestVersion = 1.17.7.0
TestId = a088469f-b159-4d7e-b4f9-0f1ed77a95af
Instance = 1
StartTime = 2021-05-11T10:38:12
ExecutionDuration = 00:00:20
Result = ExecutionPassed
PassID = 20827-53610-93458
==================================================
BatteryCheckResult: 11
DevicesSupported: 1
DeviceCount: 1
Primary_ACPowerOn: True
Primary_ACAdapterOK: True
Primary_ACAdapterStatus: False
Primary_TestResult: OK
Primary_DesignCapacity: 41753 mWh
Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 35851 mWh
Primary_RemainingCapacity: 36047 mWh
Primary_MaxError: 3
Primary_CycleCount: 390
Primary_Temperature: 26 deg
C Primary_Voltage: 12909 mV
Primary_Current: 0 mA
Primary_DesignVoltage: 11550 mV
Primary_Status: 224
Primary_SerialNumber: 27444 01/03/2018
Primary_ManufacturerName: 333-54-5D-A
Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6GGWK21CFABO5N
Primary_Warranty: 3
Primary_CalibrationType: 3
Primary_ChargeControl: Failed
Primary_TempCharge: True
Primary_ChargeTest: False
Primary_ChargeCapacity: 85
Primary_TempAlarm: False
Primary_DeepDischarge: False
Primary_FullCharge: True
Primary_FullChargeStatus: True
Primary_BatteryCharge: False
Primary_DesignCycleCount: 1000

I don't know what that means, but if you can get any wiser from it, please let me know!

I will check again whether I can remove the bottom cover after all... I already checked possible batteries, but I indeed couldn't find the replacement at the HP store. If you know where to find a correct one, please let me know as well! 
HP Recommended

390 cycles is a fair number although I see nothing overtly wrong with the battery. I still think replacing it would sove your problems, however.

3-cell, 41-WHr, 3.6-AHr, Li-ion battery 920070-855

https://www.amazon.de/GDORUN-15-CC023CL-15-CC050WM-15-CC060WM-15-CC563ST/dp/B07X1PN1NY/ref=sr_1_4?__...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.