Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15t-ab100 CTO (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, so I’m trying to upgrade the ram in my laptop but I’m having trouble finding out which ram stick I need to buy that will be compatible with my current one and not cause issues.... I’ve searched Crucial for my pavilion model but I can’t seem to find it or I’m looking for the wrong model  (I’ve been trying to find pavilion 15t-ab100 because I thought that was the model number)... my laptop doesn’t have any stickers labeling the model number under the keyboard or on the back of the computer.. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If that is the model you have, below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion Notebook (Intel)Star WarsTM Special Edition Notebook Maintenance and Service Guide

It has two memory slots and each slot can take up to an 8 GB DDR3L memory chip.

This would be the compatible Crucial 8 GB part number for your notebook...

Crucial 8GB Single DDR3/DDR3L 1600 MT/S (PC3-12800) Unbuffered SODIMM 204-Pin Memory - CT102464BF160...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.