Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello good morning, I want to replace my 1tb hdd with ssd, what is the size that I could put as a maximum and as a minimum to improve my pc, in terms of ram I already put the second chip of 8 so I am at 2x16 being that the maximum for what I understand

HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bits

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

8GB Samsung 2400MHz

8GB Kingston 2400MHz

HGST HTS721010A9E630 - 931,51 GB

SDHC Card (7,35 GB (0,2 GB Libre))

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

There is no maximum for a SATA HDD or SSD. However, the biggest capacity commonly found in the market is 2 TB. I have seen 4 TB but generally only sold on specialty sites and cost a fortune. 

You could actually install 32 gigs of memory but very rarely is an upgrade from 16 gb to 32 gb necessary or cost effective. 16 gb is a lot of memory. At a minimum I would try the SSD first and I bet you will be happy with that performance improvement. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.