Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 2324sw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am an owner of HP Pavilion g6 2324sw which is exuipped with a Intel Core i3-3120M (2,5 GHz, 3 MB CPU unit.

My question is, whether anyone know can I replace the CPU with a faster one? Where there some kind of faster i7 CPU units placed? I recently had to dissasemble my computer and the CPU is not soldered. I can be easily replaced.

I would like to avoid changing the cooling system or motherboard. 

many thanks in advance

Best regards

Bart

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Welcome to the forum @Bart18

Your options are on page 23

Your manual here.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593041

REO

HP Recommended

Hello! Many thanks for that! Do you know whether the cooling system doesnt need un upgrade also if I chage the PCU into a i7? There is a also an dedicated graphic card. 

Perhaps you would also be able to advise whether there are any updates in BIOS sytem after or before CPU change? Or it has to switched back to facric swtrings and allow BIOS to recognise the hardward again?

Mamy thanks in advance

HP Recommended

@Bart18

As long as it is 35W there will be no cooling system change.

Sorry no graphics card to swap.

REO

HP Recommended

Perhaps you would also be able to advise whether there are any updates in BIOS sytem after or before CPU change? Or it has to switched back to fabric settings and allow BIOS to recognise the hardward again?

Mamy thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.