Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have problems with my new HP ProBook 450 G7 (model number: 9HP68EA). I installed Windows 10 64bit (version 1909) with all drivers and updates. Problem is, that touchpad is not detected anywhere, even in Device manager. I searched for original drivers but there is actually no driver for touchpad in "Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices" section. Fingerprint sensor works OK, touchpad also works but only in BIOS/UEFI. When it system boots to desktop, it becomes unresponsive.

I already installed all needed drivers, updated Windows, searched BIOS settings to enable device, hard restarted laptop (holding power button for 30 seconds). I don't know what else to try - touchpad driver is apparently missing, even on HP drivers site.

Here in the picture we can see that there are no devices in Hardware list...

devices.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the solution here Touchpad Not Recognized  

You have to install Intel Serial IO Driver - Comet Lake in Driver-Chipset section. After that it works as it should.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

As anyone find a solution to this problem? I got the same problem, load the companies image windows 10 1909 and the touchpad is nowhere to be found. Can't find drivers neither. 

HP Recommended

I found the solution here Touchpad Not Recognized  

You have to install Intel Serial IO Driver - Comet Lake in Driver-Chipset section. After that it works as it should.

HP Recommended

Thank you, that worked.... 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.