Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have been checking out complaints that HP using liquid damage so that its not covered under warrany !! I sent email to   BBB and found out that there are thousands of complaints about HP and water damage isssues and almost all consumers claim never got wet !!!

HP Recommended

HP sent me the same pictures, saying that I could not have the hard drive back because they had disposed of it.  I knew I had no watre damage.

HP laptops are just thefts from their buyers!

HP Recommended

This is hard to believe; I'm experiencing the same issue and received the same response from HP (spill damage).

However, I am absolutely certain that there have never been any spills on or near the notebook. To top it off, the unit I have is advertised as "spill-resistant". Not that this applies here, but I find it highly curious that a company would advertise a product as such and then out-of-hand reject any spill-related claims.

When HP first received the unit they called me at 7am! The next day I received another call, this time at 7:50am. Then a third call on the third day (this time at a decent time). Each time it was a "courtesy call" to remind me that I only have 7 days after they received the unit to decide whether I want it repaired for $220. They also offered to send it back without reparing it, for $90.

So much for getting a unit with a 3-year warranty. In the past I usually purchased Dell computers, and after they moved their small-business-support back to the US it's been a fantastic experience in the rare cases anything broke.

Not so with HP, I'm afraid.

[Legal Discussion Removed per Community Guidelines] However, now that I have found that I'm not the only one who's in this situation I'll probably go that route nonetheless.

HP did send me pictures of a motherboard with alleged spill-damage, but as stated I can unequivocally state that this did not happen while I owned the notebook.

HP Recommended

When I came to this discussion, I was looking for information about coverage of the case and screen of my HP Pavilion (laptop).  Although the company didn't claim "water damage", they said they would not cover the split top casing that led to a malfunctioning screen.  (The case split at a strange seam on the top of the case.) The kid from Best Buy Geek Squad who called me said HP won't cover cases or screens.  This was within one year of purchase.  I have wondered if I was being told the truth about the warranty. It's hard to believe that ANYTHING that fails on a new computer wouldn't be covered.  I am SO over HP.  I will never look at another one and I will warn anyone considering any of their products to think again.  I should have done my homework.  If I had read these posts before I bought, I would have chosen more wisely.

HP Recommended
HP does all it can to avoid doing a warranty repair. As you can read in this string, HP invents reasons to not make a repair under warranty.
HP Recommended

Just had a similar situation occur. They closed my case today sighting liquid damage and I didn't allow them to repair at a reduced cost., The laptop was fully functional except for a faulty Wireless adapter. They sent it back and it wouldn't even turn on. There was evidence of a clear sticky film running down the left side of the display to the top cover. I removed the Hard Drive to verify that it was in fact the laptop I sent in. Discovered files that showed that tests were run on all components and every thing passed but the wireless card. Still case was closed due to liquid damge that occurred at their repair facility. Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.