Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360

I've been happily using my HP Spectre 360 for a little over a year. I noticed right away that  it runs quite hot, sometimes so hot that it can't be rested on my lap. Now it's suddenly stopped working. It cannot be powered on and does not respond to a hard reset. The warranty ran out 6 weeks ago and I'm left with a laptop with a failed/burnt out motherboard.  From looking on the forums it seems that MANY other customers have had the same problem. I should not have to pay for a new machine, this was not a cheap purchase. I would like HP to stand by their product and take accountability for their faulty design and repair or replace this product that likely should have been recalled. Anyone have any experience in getting this fixed?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@evilspectre

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that no recall program was rolled out for this model, however if it's a hardware related issue then HP can arrange a out of warranty repair service in order to resolve hardware issue.

Firstly, let's reseat the hard drive and memory.

1. Press and hold the Power button for 5 - 15 seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the power cable.
  3. If your notebook model features a removable battery, remove the battery.
  4. Disconnect and reconnect the internal hard drive and Memory. For instructions, see the Maintenance and Service Guide for your notebook model. Locate these in the User Guides section of your notebook product page on the HP Customer Support website.
  5. After connecting the hard drive and reassembling the computer, try to start the computer normally.

If reseating the hard drive and memory does not resolve the problem, I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As another HP Spectre x 360 customer I have not seem anyone been able to get theirs fixed HP doesn't provide motherboard diagrams so a local repair shop isn't an option. You're only option is to send it to HP where you will probably just receive a refurbished laptop that will have the same problem in another year. The only question is if they will make you pay the 600$ or if they will cover it like for a few people. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply WadeWithout.  I had not realized that local repair shop was not an option. Well, I assure you that I do not plan on giving HP anymore of my money.  Not on a repair on a year old laptop that died due to an apparently known flaw and I certainly would not purchase a new one from HP or let anyone I know purchase one for that matter! 

HP Recommended

Just an update in case you're reading this because you're a customer have the same problem:

My model of laptop does not have a removeable battery and as I mentioned in my original post I already tried the hard reset. I then tried HP support as HP  suggested in a private message after my post.  The automated chat asked me a series of questions, could not solve my problem and asked me how I wanted to proceed.  I selected talk to someone at HP.  The chatbot checked my warranty and then referred me back to this support forum. So I've just had my time wasted and been sent in a circle without getting any help for my issue.

HP Recommended

@evilspectre

Help me with your region (Country) in a private message and I will share the contact details.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.