Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my laptop directly from HP’s site around this time in 2017 but last week I went to go and turn on my laptop and suddenly it wouldn’t turn on. I tried to charge it but the indicator lights did not turn on either. I assumed it was a problem with my charger and went out to buy a new one. When I tried the new one, it still wouldn’t turn on. Considering I have not had my laptop very long and it was working perfectly fine previously, I came to the forum and it seems many people also have encountered similar problems as me. They say it is a motherboard failure. I haven’t even reached the two year mark yet so for a laptop that costs almost $2000 this is kind of ridiculous. People are also saying they were told they’d have to pay 600-700 dollars for a replacement motherboard since they were out of warranty such as myself however this is clearly a fault of HP if it is affecting so many people. My semester starts soon and I need my laptop to study so I hope there is someone who can help me find an effective and efficient solution to this problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update: I was told to do a hard reset (holding power button down for 30 seconds; won’t delete any data) and plugged it in again and the indicator lights have turned on

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Update: I was told to do a hard reset (holding power button down for 30 seconds; won’t delete any data) and plugged it in again and the indicator lights have turned on

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. bought laptop around same time with your 2017, then 2019 stop working. I don't the same thing as you. went to get a new charger and don't take charged then i brought to Geek Squad they can't fix then i brought to certified computer repair shops no one can help , the only way to fix it is change whole motherboard. then i contact hp by phone called, chatted, etc. they told me my laptop ran out warranty.  What kind solution Hp offer to resolve your issue?

HP Recommended

Same issue. Anyone get a REAL answer for a fix?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I called HP and they told me that the motherboard needs to be replaced and that they could fix it for $501.18 and that price was with a supposedly 30% discount. I told them they were crazy. I spent almost $2,000 less than 2 years ago and now I have to spend money on a new motherboard. This is horrible if this is the new way for them to make money out of people. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.