Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hi Erico,
Was the barbecue fine?
I have again some questions:
1) once the new ssd disk is in and I put the usb flash drive in my laptop how do I open a command prompt line (on a HP laptop for shure)???
2) after watching the video I see that de guy continue to instal Windows. I'm intended to put back a back-up that I made yesterday and stored on my external hdd. Where do I stop with the usb install on the video so that I can put back my back-up?? Do I need to stop the usb install???
3) How do I put back a back-up with win.10???

Enjoy your Sunday and answer when you like or find the time!!
I know nothing about computers
HP Recommended
Do you know if there is existing an adapter to clone my original ssd Samsung MZNLF 128HCHP-000H1 to my new Samsung SM 951 512 GB (NVME) MZVPV512HDGL-00000MZ-VPV 5120 Gen3 M.2 80 mm PCIe 3.0 before I bought again a wrong one. I ask this for if it where no possible to put back my back-up.
HP Recommended

@Domi1963 wrote:
Hi Erico,
Was the barbecue fine?
I have again some questions:
1) once the new ssd disk is in and I put the usb flash drive in my laptop how do I open a command prompt line (on a HP laptop for shure)???
2) after watching the video I see that de guy continue to instal Windows. I'm intended to put back a back-up that I made yesterday and stored on my external hdd. Where do I stop with the usb install on the video so that I can put back my back-up?? Do I need to stop the usb install???
3) How do I put back a back-up with win.10???

Enjoy your Sunday and answer when you like or find the time!!

What do you mean by " a back-up with win.10"?

What did you use to create the backup? 

Is it a backup or a clone?

I have not seen a usb to M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD adapter available. The problem appears to be that the NVMe SSD type is so new that  there aren't any adapters available yet.  I read the specs on all of the adapters I saw that were available and none state compatibility with the M.2 SSD type that you will be installing.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Whit Windows 10 I made a complete back-up of the C drive. That is possible with win 10. So I can normally put back a copy of my C drive where all is staying on. It calls a system back up named " back-up and put back (windows7)" don't sceard it makes a back-up from win 10 with all the programs who were installed at that moment.
HP Recommended
It's an image iso
HP Recommended

In Windows 10 you can create a current system snapshot (image), but you can't use it to install to a different SSD.

You can create a clone of a current system with third party clone software and use it to clone or migrate a system to a disk.

That would mena you would have to have the new M.2 SSD connected to the system at the same time the original OS was running.

Since you don't have a compatible usb to M.2 NVME PCIe SSD adapter that will allow you to do that, it is currently not a viable option.

Third party cloning software:

Paragon software (their migration software is excellent)

Acronis True Image (I had poor results)

Easus software (I did not have good results when I tried theirs)

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Hello,
What do you suggest me to do than??? Step by step beginning after watching the video please?
Do you know if there exists a usable adapter for my both ssd's???
HP Recommended
AND PLEASE TELL HOW TO OPEN A CMD (COMMAND PROMPT) WHEN I DO THE INSTALL AND CONVERSION TO MY NEW SSD,PLEASE FOR SHURE FOR A HP LAPTOP PLEASE???
HP Recommended
I have the recovery from my installed Windows on my D:DATA disk can I do the instal with that??
HP Recommended
I READ THIS IN THE ARS ARTICLE YOU SEND ME!!!!

Pay attention to two things as you compare and contrast these cards. First, the physical connector on each card is different; each card has different cutouts in the bottom and exposes different pins. Second, the cards are of different lengths and widths. All of this is accounted for in the M.2 spec (PDF).

"The different connectors signify different M.2 "module keys." Each key exposes a different set of interfaces to each card—M.2 can connect directly to the PCI Express bus, but different pins can be used to connect to the USB 2.0 and 3.0 buses, SATA III, DisplayPort, and a variety of other less-prevalent storage buses. Cards with one notch at the bottom are keyed for one specific kind of connector. Cards with two notches can be used in two different kinds of connectors."

Are you SHURE for 100% that the ssd with one notch that has the NMVE card that I ordered now wil fit the connector on the motherboard??????
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.