Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavillion

My child dropped her laptop and since that day, battery stopped charging. We opened the back thing (battery is hidden inside) and put a new battery, changed even the cord that goes in the battery, but no luck. Is that anything else we can do? is there something that is loose probably due to the dropping.

We have tried all other tips given in all forums on the same matter. Drivers are updated, laptop works perfectly when charged by cable, but just that the message says 'no battery is detected" even though it has  a brand new battery inside.

What am I missing? Please any guidance will be greatly appreciated. I am not able to move the laptop anywhere without it being plugged into a power source.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.