Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Laptop 15-bw0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My HP laptop 15-bw0xx is not able to get past the boot-up screen anymore and does not load. I ran a Hard Drive Short DST Check, and it failed. I got the Failure ID: 6CX33F-8T7AAS-XD7URG-60TQ03 .

Product ID: 1VK25UA#ABA

I no longer have a warranty, so what are my options? Will I have to replace my hard drive? I would prefer not to if possible; but if so, where can I find good hard drives? Please let me know if any more information is needed. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus your notebook's serial number.

ailure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
6CX33F-8T7AAS-XD7URG-60TQ03OKXXXXXXXXXX12/11/20303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

You will need to install a new hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

You may want to consider purchasing a better performing solid state drive (SSD).

If you can live with 500 GB of storage, this drive provides the best performance for the price, IMHO.

Amazon.com: Western Digital 500GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to...

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the hard drive removal and replacement procedure.

HP 15 Laptop PC (AMD)* Model numbers: 15-bw0xxHP 15g Laptop PC* Model numbers: 15g-bx0xxHP 15q Lapto...

After you replace the drive, you can use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

You will need to have access to another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer and a 32 GB USB flash drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.