Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

hp 90b fan error on brand new laptop

the hard reset from BIOS is deleting all the data from the SSD/Hard drive ??

or is just cleaning BIOS data and the information on laptop is not touch ?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the exact model or product number of the notebook for further help? Here is how to find it,

How to Find Your HP Laptop Model Number (Video) - HP® Tech Takes

Let us know,

David

HP Recommended

Laptop HP 17-cn2008nq  Intel® Core™ i7-1255U up to 4.70 GHz, 17", Full HD, IPS, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA® GeForce MX550 2GB

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would try installing the latest BIOS version and see if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/hp-17-laptop-pc-17-c2000/model/2101006373/swItemId/ob...

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

I already install all sp (service pack) from HP for this laptop including BIOS update but the same, the problem still occurs 

HP Recommended

A hard reset will not format the hard drive. It is also unlikely to clear the Fan 90b error all by itself. Possible something got stuck in the fan blades. I would try blowing out the fan blades with compressed air. Insert a bent out paperclip in the grill to hold blades from spinning and blow in compressed air like from a straw on a can of compressed air. Then do the hard reset and see if the error gets cleared. If not you are going to have to make a service request. 

HP Recommended

What can be possible stuck in the fan for a brand new laptop ?

And the fan is spinning low sometimes after that when video games are used the fan is spinning faster... 

Sometimes that error it shows, after hours of shut down, at first boot. 

Make no sense why can't to start the fan at boot but if I ignore the message is going to be OK. 

But I don't like to live in fear that in time the CPU will die because of heating. 

Anyway the holes to air are only beneath the laptop and for a laptop with dedicated GPU is a little strange.... 

There are no opening at the sides, nothig, but what I know myself in this field.

Thank for good intentions. 

HP Recommended

Do not ignore the message. Something is not right. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.